Friday, March 8, 2013

Generic do it yourself Roads part one Dirt.



I tried my luck on marking some homemade roads for our table.First thing was decieding on what to use for the base.I went with 1/4 inch Balsa wood planks,rectangular 6 to 8 inches in length. The balsa wood is better than foam board because of the warpage and weight,.first thing was cleaning them up of splinters preping them for the Drywall spackle. I then applied the spackle going length wise.I then let them sit until 3/4 of way dry.I tok a tank and imprinted the traxs and used a piant brush end to add ruts for tires. i then let it sit overnite and in the morning base coated it with black let it dry then painted it a dirt brown. let the paint dry and the flocked and sealed.Finished.  Next part will be paved and Gravel roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment